[TechAssist] Re: Compaq 7400 computer setup

  • From: Larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 10:32:25 -0400

Thank you Clint,
this is a compaq 7478 using windows ME 2000.
HD is Maxtor diamond 5400 , 80 gig.
mb is Camaro,  VIA chip set.
cant find a bios like most computers.
just says auto detect.
we have a compaq boot able CD, with advanced setup, but didn't
seem to help.
we tried the maxtor easy cd install and compaq disk un-does it
when we try to install the programs.
now tried to f-dish, and it says no patricians, even though 2
are their, and formats to 12 gig.
any help appreciated,
Larry