[TechAssist] Chipper Check wows

  • From: "Ohio Consumer Electronics" <samurai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:20:18 -0500

I'm a little embarrassed to have to ask about this - I'm usually pretty good
with computers.  I installed the latest CC software from Thompsons website -
version 1.84.  I can't establish communications with the Chipper Checker.
It fails all diagnostics.  I ran Chipfix.exe and I am supposed to be able to
toggle the pins on the parallel port but they don't - nothing will toggle.
I've changed the port type in the computers bios setup to each selection
with no effect.  I've checked the chippercheck.ini file to make sure it's
using the correct port and it is.  I've tried installing it on two different
computers and neither works.
   Finally I wiped out the program and installed the older 1.83a version and
it works fine...
The 1.83a version has less chassis listed and when I entered the serial
number of the set I'm trying to fix it says something about alpha-numeric
serial numbers are all 10 digits and numeric S/Ns are 9 digits.  I'm looking
at the S/N on the set and it is alpha-numeric and it's only 9 digits.  The
program did allow me to proceed only after I added a '0' at the end of the
S/N to make it 10 digits..
   Has anyone been able to get the version 1.84 working?  I'd sure like to
know the secret!
Thanks much!

Joel Jacobs
Ohio Consumer Electronics