[TechAssist] Re: Chipper Check / CTC 177 series Question

  • From: "Bruce Tiedeman" <btied@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 14:29:35 -0400

Sorry to jump in on this thread ,but I use mine with an external socket also
like you do Jon.(I bought my adaptors with my CC).  I made up a 8 pin test
socket for doing the CTC175,177. . It works for me. . Like I said earlier
might be worth reloading the program. May have a glitch some where. I know
you should go by the book with the hook up to test the Eprom. Lately I have
not been that particular , with my setup. I just plug in and test it still
works. I have not grounded the micro either like I should and just did a
CTC187 with chassis hook up and reset EPROM OK.'Very lucky I guess! The
point I am trying to make is , you must have the hook up right or it would
not test the CTC175 EPROM.
good luck,
Bruce.