[TechAssist] Re: Chipper Check

  • From: "Jerome Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:54:47 -0400

For the record, as the technical geniuses who were running RCA retired, the
management was taken over by accountants, lawyers, MBAs, etc who made many
bad technical decisions that brought RCA close to bankruptcy. RCA was
rescued by GE, who had been making many good technical decisions, who merged
RCA into their operations, division by division. GE dumped some RCA
divisions for which there was no hope. The division that most uf us were
involved with was RCA/GE Consumer Electronics. The Smith who was running GE
at the time made the decision to get out of the consumer electronics
business and traded it to Thomson of France in exchange for some medical
electronics product lines. Apparently, as usual, GE got the better part of
the deal.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave Greenville SC 29609