[TechAssist] Re: Capacitors

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 07:32:05 -0500

Actually, from the info I saw on the net (lookup past articles on Nesda) you
use the same value cap, tie the positive leads together. Take 2 diodes, tie
the cathodes together and solder the cathodes to the positive connection of
the caps, then the anode of the diodes is tied to the negative side of EACH
cap, thus you have 1 diode in parallel with each cap.

Then you just insert the negative side of each cap into the holes where the
NP cap was inserted. One cap is active positive-going and the other cap is
active negative-going....and you may want to double the working voltage of
both caps because you may have a rectified DC on the inactive cap......seems
to me this wouldn't work, but the Nesda article is where I got this info (I
think, I'm not 100% sure, but that is where I'd start).

HTH

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services