[TechAssist] Re: Capacitor Question

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:04:51 -0400

Have to give him credit for trying. Now if we see a camcorder with
capacitors leaking electrolyte we just give it back to the customer. If you
dont replace them all it will just keep coming back over and over. Also the
electrolyte causes traces to be eaten up and thru holes to be eaten up. The
electrolyte goes under chip parts and ICs or even into the pcb material
itself and and causes all sorts of mischief. Live and learn! I prefer to
learn from other peoples mistakes but sometimes I just have to make my own.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609