[TechAssist] Canon ES4000 camcorder - wont load with tape in holder

  • From: "Mike Jensen" <soundpromikej@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:11:39 -0700

We have a Canon ES4000 camcorder in that will not load the tape.  The tape
holder will load all the way down when there is no tape in it, but when you put
a tape in the holder the holder it will latch shut when pressed in but doesn't
even attempt to go down.  The video head spins for a short time and then the
unit ejects the tape. Anyone have any experience with this unit? We have no
manual, any tips/manual etc appreciated. Also, any contact information for
Canon would be helpful.
TIA.
Mike Jensen
Sound Pro