[TechAssist] Re: CTC203AA5, can I use an eeprom from a CTC176-187 chassis for test purposes?

  • From: Gerald Gann <alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:31:01 -0700 (PDT)

Kevin If that eeprom part # is 251160 LACO WHOLESALE DIST. Phone #  800-642-4960
has them. To be sure thay need the Mod. #
Jerry

Alpha 21 Electronics

Granite City, IL 62040

 Ph. 618-452-8620

Fax 618-876-5157
www.alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I am still working on this dead CTC203AA5. All voltages check good,
except there is no RUN voltage of 2.8 volts when the pwr button is
pressed. I am thinking that the gemstar with built in microprocessor is
at fault. I would like to change the eeprom first before I spend the
$100 Canadian to replace the Gemstar, but none of my suppliers have this
eeprom in stock. Can I sub in a known good eeprom from some of the
older RCA chassis' like CTC176-187 for test purposes? Thanks.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx