[TechAssist] Re: CTC197CE2, replaced flyback, noticed parts on CRT board in SVM circuit were damaged as well

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 07:06:53 -0500

I suppose that a spike on the B+ could kill these transistors.  (If the IHVT
failed that could happen.)
R15240 is 430ohms, 2W, and R15233 is 75ohms .25W.   After that you (going
back to the base of q15212 is a 1000 ohm r15230 and some caps, which should
keep most spikes out of the rest of the circuit.

Q15212 is 227405 Q15213 is 227404.

As for disabling the SVM, unplug P15201 which connects the circuit to the
SVM coil.

As far as "bad qualities", some distortions are more acceptable to one group
of people while they are pickey about another kind of distortion.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310