[TechAssist] Re: CTC195/PTK195 Remote sensor failures?

  • From: Ralph Dorsey <Merlin-Wizard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 23:39:44 -0500

yes the eeprom is probably corupted,,,just like the earlier
versions(ctc177,187 etc.), they also get corrupted eproms,,however you will
need the chipper checker hardware and software and a computer to repair these
units. You can go into the menu and copy the files you can get, but you can't
access the tuner setup without it. And believe me you'll have to align the
tuner to get it to work right,,once you get the hang of it though you'll be
able to do it.

Shoreline Electronics wrote:

> Make : GE
> Model : 46GW947
> Chassis : PTK195PA
>
> Customer called  stating his remote will not respond anymore on this
> set...he purchased a universal which he says will not work either.
>
>  I know it probably user error...BUT has anyone experienced the remote
> receivers failing on this chassis.
>
> Set is at customers house so it'll be a day or two before we get there to
> verify....just wanted to poll the masses.
>
> Jeff Stielau
> Shoreline Electronics Repair
> 125 Beechtree Lane
> Westbrook,CT 06498