[TechAssist] Re: CTC187 (32")

  • From: "teltek3" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:09:30 -0400

I'm a little concerned about this one, because that's the problem it came in
with, Horizontal shorted. I changed the Regulator and the Diode, also C107
(10ufd/250) I have another CTC187 running on the bench (27"), and it runs
quite hot too. But that whole circuit seems to be overstressed. Your current
draw is 1 amp...but it can so quickly go into thermal runaway. I'm using a
BUH517 in it. made in Morocco. I'm suspicious of subs coming on the market
these days.

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada