[TechAssist] Re: CTC186A

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:38:25 -0800 (PST)

Doug if it worked normally for 6or7 days I would wonder about cracks in p/c bd.
Was the set dropped?       Paul
Doug Keller <dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:This originally came in with the
infamous "f-connector ripped out of the
tuner" problem. I fixed that, checked it for a day, gave it the shake,
bump, slap, and jar test. It worked perfectly. Delivered it and 7 days
later I get a call that the picture is black. If screen is turned all
the way up, it has dim pic w/retrace lines.This one has me stumped. I
have resoldered the tuner grounds. Twice. Looked for solder splashes,
anything that would explain this. I've checked cr4704, r4702, and r4715
that were in the tips pages to no avail. At this point any suggestions
would be appreciated.
Doug

--
Doug Keller