[TechAssist] Re: CTC185 Temp!

  • From: Kevin <kevinstv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 20:24:13 -0800

Above 150 degrees F is probably too high.  I have had Sony's go up to
150 degrees F and been "OK".  What type of temperature test equipment
are you using?  I'm using a radio shack digital thermometer with an
alligator clip glued to the outside temperature probe.  I then clip the
probe on to the heat sink as close to the transistor as possible.  The
heat sink can get quite hot compared to the transistor itself.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevinstv@xxxxxxx