[TechAssist] Re: CTC177BF will not turn on

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:46:45 -0800 (PST)

I have 5v on pin 1 of the micro. Maybe I didn't say it right so that is was
clear. The only place that the 4.8v is low is on pin 15 & 16 of the micro. If I
lift pin 16 the voltage is 4.8v. Bad micro? I replaced it. Replacement bad?
Totally unlikely. The measurements are the same as befor it was replaced.
jonas miglinas <miglinasj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Check tuner ic U7401, particularly
pins 2 and 3 , see if they are not
shorted to ground. Pin 1 of the micro should be ~ 4.8v. That should be the
reset and that has to be there.
Jonas Miglinas
Miglinas TV
Chicago