[TechAssist] CTC177 Yoke is noisy

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 02:31:06 -0500

We have a 27" Console TV  Chassis: CTC177AM2   (replaced the STK730-130 Reg
IC) and found that the Yoke (which is bonded to CRT) will make the frying
egg sound and cause distortion on the picture when it does. We can even
smell something when this yoke begins to act up. We tapped the yoke lightly
after it played for several hours ok and the yoke starting getting noisey
and had the slight smell of burning. Has anyone ever done the old NAP trick
to these RCA bonded yokes with any success (coat the yoke with polyurthene
or sealer) or any success removing them?

Dan Garris
Garris TV
New Bern, NC
DGarris@xxxxxxxxxxx

Our best dial-up offer is back.  Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6
months @ $9.95/month now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup