[TechAssist] CTC169JS6 Keeps shorting H-OUT Trans

  • From: warrenca@xxxxxxxxx (Warren Campbell)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:26:22 -0500

Thanks for your reponses in the past about this tv.
I've taken your advice and used a 100W bulb inline with the collector
of the H-out transistor, also I've subbed in a tophat style H-Out transistor
on a heatsink to take the stress for now. I've also subbed in another
damper diode as well. The set has also had 3 or 4 caps changed in this
section that were bad. (bulged)
When you turn the set on I no longer burn out transistors but the bulb
glows  fairly brightly.

Question. Is there a high failure rate of horiz.output transformers in this
chassis? Is it most likely that this is the shorted part?
SUBJECT field to the address above.