[TechAssist] Re: CTC169CA

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:42:56 +0000

What about the long tall slender cap next to the heatsink? I think it is
~39uf @100 V (I don't have my info at hand so I'm going by memory) There is
also a 3V zener that can short. The Tall slender cap seems to control the
timing of the chopper.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Edward Gaidies" <teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] CTC169CA
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:31:29 -0400

Have changed the Regulator Kit on this, changed the 2 small caps next to the
IC, the IC and the 470ufd, and the regulator. Set came on ran well for about
15 minutes. Then it went off, Felt Q4101 and it had run so hot it shorted
and took out fuse again.
Anything else I should change...Kit comes with IC, Regulator, 3 Caps
(2.2....15ufd and 470ufd.)
     So what did I miss, to make the Regulator run hot.

TIA.

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics
Midland, Ontario