[TechAssist] Re: CTC 197,Q14101

  • From: "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 14:34:59 -0400

Ed, Is it the ups fees that are killing you guys or the fees to go
across the border? I sell a lot of electronics on ebay`s
auction site and get quite a few bidders from Canada and  I send
everything through the post office here in the US,
and it is more expensive than if I send it to say, New York, but not
that much more, I know the exchange rate hurts
you also. I talked to a tech in Bermuda once and he said he takes a trip
to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale 3 times a year to buy parts and brings them back
to Bermuda to save money, couldn`t you guys cross the border into a
major US city like Buffalo,NY etc. buy them and bring them back to your
shop?
Larry E.
American TV & Electronics
Sunny Florida