[TechAssist] Re: CRT disposal

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:26:39 -0400

Thanks for the feedback from all.  We can't just put them in a dumpster like
some of you do.  They won't take them liek that anymore.  We are considering
a "holding fee" or deposit in addition to the estimate fee (we charge $30
est fee up front on all units).  The problem is how to do so that it isn't a
headache for the guys at the counter and the bookkeeper.  I have just about
decided to factor it into my materials cost and increase the standard
materials fee charged on all repairs.  This hits everyone a little and keeps
the paperwork simple.  Right now we charge $2 on each repair for materials.
We are thinking of increasing it to $5, to cover disposal costs and because
$2 is hardly covering materials anyway.  The last trip to the dump cost us
over $200, so we have to so something.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World