[TechAssist] Re: CITIZEN JVHS3917K VCR

  • From: jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 04:11:50 -0400

I have not worked on any Citizer VCR's, but I am going to suggest a few
things. If the capstan is belt driven, remove the belt, and see if the
capstan pully turns freely. If it does not, the  bearinngs may be dry (I
have seen a few Emerson decks  like this). Otherwise turn the capstan motor
and see if it turns freely. Is it slow at all playback rates? Is it slow on
tapes it records? Who actually made the VCR? The FCC ID may give a clue.

Mike Goins       jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx