[TechAssist] Re: CD-Rom

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 18:04:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bob, I have not gone into the Bios but the guy that was trying to help me
did and deleted some things or made some changes. What they were I do not know.
I have checked the system and see nothing in the pull downs that indicates a
CD-Rom. The only reference is on my desk top. I stiil have the CD-Rom icon but
when I click on it the message says the D:\ folder has been moved or removed. I
am running Windows 98. I have tried the add remove hardware and it still will
not recognize the CD-Rom.     Paul
Gemini Computer & TV <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Paul,
Does the computer not recognize the CD-ROM (i.e. BIOS) or does just Windows
not recognize it?

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager