[TechAssist] Re: Broksonic CTSGT-8118CTT power problem

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 13:31:22 -0400

I followed your instructions but did not see a problem there. Anyway I think
the relay is just in the degauss circuit. I dont have an Orion manual with a
board layout like this but I can see the fuse and switch transistors that
Orion uses in other models to switch the B+ on or off. Originally the parts
that were replaced were ones that get zapped from high voltage - the
feedback opto and its driver transistor. After that it worked for about a
half a minute and I cut it off when I saw that the current was starting to
rise. Now something else has failed and I cannot find it with a meter or a
scope. When I go back to it I will sub in voltages from a bench supply and
see if some load draws too much current.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609