[TechAssist] Re: Broksonic CTSGT-8118CTT power problem

  • From: "Technotronic Dimensions" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:37:54 -0400

I think these Broksonics were all alot similar in design.  Unsolder 1 Leg
off the Diode accross the Coil (Power) Leeds of the Relay....check for
leakage.
Also trace where the Relay gets its power from on the B+ Side (Neg of the
Diode)....if it leads to a Small Switch type transistor, I have seen where
these will show leaky too, or may check ok on the DMM, but has Low Gain -
usually close, but not enough to Drive a Relay. If one is questionable,
change both.

Steve Hearns
Technotronic Dimensions, NY [USA]
WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax Toll Free - US Only)