[TechAssist] Re: Boards Remanufacturing Companies like PTS

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:12:57 -0800 (PST)

I've had good results with Tri-State Module.
Been using them over twenty years. Cheaper than
most, and give a full year warranty.
There have been a few problems but they have always
"bent over backward" to resolve them.
1-800-203-7484
www.tristatemodule.com

I've used PTS also, as they do more brands, or at
least, they used to. I only send them what
Tri-State doesn't do.
Seems like now, PTS is "cherry pickin'".
Sent them a MMC101 RCA chassis, and they told me it
was "Beyond Economical Repair"!??
What does that mean??
Sold me another one for over $300 though.
I know that PTS is rebuilding for Pioneer, but will
NOT sell to us.
I still try to repair at the component level, if at
all possible.
HTH
Walter

--- electronicrepair
<electronicrepair@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I like to know your remarks and what companies
> you had good results with
> rebuilding boards for projection TVs. Used PTS in
> the past with some mixed
> results.
> Thank you, Mark
> Electronic Repair Services