[TechAssist] Re: Bad vertical outputs LA7832

  • From: Kenneth M Smith <gulftech@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:35:43 -0600

As Ed and most of you realize,  I'm not talking about warranty.  Who in
their right mind would bother sending back a pair of $2 parts?

More important would be to call the supplier, give the date code from the
defective IC's, and know that THEY would take appropriate action to see
that those suspect parts are pulled from stock.  That is the real issue.
Of course, a customer that only buys $50 per year does not carry the same
impact as one who buys $500 per month.  Maybe that seems unfair, but put
yourself in their shoes.  The second customer is far more likely to be an
experienced tech and recognize a bad part.  The first may have just taken
a stab in the dark and is upset that the new part didn't fix the problem.

Several times, I have called a particular supplier (no name) and advised
them of bad parts.  Each time, she has taken note of the lot number (date
code) of the suspect part and offered to send me replacements at no
charge.  No need to return the bad ones.  I have them shipped with my
next order.  Still, wish that the original parts had been good, but I can
ask for no more than that.

Other suppliers have been uncooperative.  I deal with them no longer.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (voice)  850-932-0819 (fax)

-
> ---
> > Lost Password:
> > Email Archives: