[TechAssist] Bad vertical outputs LA7832

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:41:10 -0600

Techs,

Working on a JVC AV27920.  Turned on a plug in, but shut down with timer
light flashing.  Replaced parts in vertical amp (IC421/LA7832, D422/75v
zener, C424/100@35, and C425/470@35).  Set would power on, but no
vertical deflection.

Replaced the LA7832 again.  No change.  Out of LA7832's, I then put in a
LA7833.  Set worked fine.  The first two I had used were RCA SK series,
purchased from Tritronics.  Had I known they were SK's, I would not have
ordered them.  Checking my parts log, I find I had ordered 3.  The other
one must have worked.

This is not a ping on Tritronics.  I believe this is only the second time
I have every had bad parts from them, and I use them a lot.  I have had
problems with the 7832 purchased elsewhere--not SK's.  This business is
hard enough without worrying about faulty parts.  The cost of the parts
in small compared to the time lost.  Glad I found I could use a 7833 as
replacement.  Otherwise, more time lost in reordering.

OK, off my soapbox!

Have a good weekend.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services