[TechAssist] Re: B&K Adaptor Socket

  • From: "Bil Green" <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:17:57 -0800

Neil,

This should help get you started.  I make all my B&K CRT adapters
for peanuts compared to the regular price.  Buy the original Sony
socket from your Sony distributor.  As you see other models that
have sockets you need, jot down the model no's and get them too.

Make a universal adapter by using Molex pins (of the proper dia.)
which fit the CRT pins.  Only need one G1 and one G2, focus lead
not really necessary.

mouser.com has the sockets and pins that fit the B&K.  Make sure
to buy a pin extractor also (necessary when you make a mistake).

Bil