[TechAssist] Re: Audio Fisher TAD993--CD problems

  • From: Daniel <danielstarca@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 19:24:36 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Jeff;
 I think you have an alignment problem with the cd
carriage,possibly a leaf switch is involved with the
asserted.Remove the tray, and carefully insert it
in,you usually have to set the loading gear all the
way in the unloading direction to do this right.
Note; check the loading belt too,they wear out
frequently.

--- Jeff Dougherty <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This unit had a few problems with dust on lens and
> sensors. When I press
> STOP, CD will pull from the lens, hesitate(I hear
> motor running) then be
> pulled back to the CD Lens and pulled out again,
> sort of like VCR carriage
> LED problem.
> When I use the duster, it worked fine a few times.
> I also had  a problem with intermittent power to CD
> unit when I flexed the
> board with the big transformer. Resoldered the board
> took care of that
> problem.
> Main problem now is no audio from the CD player.
> After the solder job, the
> audio came back for a few seconds, then went out.
> This was the only time I
> had audio from the CD player. If I press tuner or
> cassette, I get audio just
> fine.
> Whoa! I hope someone can help with this complex
> problem, as I do not do much
> audio, but this is for a regular customer. Why did
> the audio work, right
> after I did the solder job on the main transformer?
> I would appreciate any comments.
> Thank you.
>
> Jeff
>
> FAX 1-413-280-0677
> Jeff Dougherty
> Intrepid Video & Electronics
> 501 Luther Rd
> Harrisburg, PA 17111
> 717-909-8844
> VCR tips, electronics info & general interest.
> www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net
> www.thetoolcaddy.com

> To unsubscribe write to:
> techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx