[TechAssist] Re: Arcing relay

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:11:10 -0500

I sent this last night but it didn't get through, so I'll try again.
Again this morning, didn't make it.
Trying again tonight.

I have a similar setup for my compressor that has worked well for over 20
years.
But mine uses a 110vac relay to switch on the 220vac. I have it wired to my
shop lights so the compressor only has power when the lights are on. That
way, if it develops a leak when I'm not there it won't turn on and run
until I get back or the motor burns up. Whichever comes first.

I can get you specifics on the parts I used, tomorrow. If you would like
them. They are all from a regular electrical supply house.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH