[TechAssist] Any info on Sansui model 771

  • From: Royal19960@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:10:05 EDT

Hi all. We have a Sansui model 771 in. The guy sprayed something in the vol
control and it froze it up.
I got it freed up but now see why he thought the control was bad.
It appears to go into shutdown when you turn up the vol.
If you raise it over 1/2 way the relay will click and mute. Then it may click
again and restore the audio or not.
When it is working it sounds GREAT!
Any easy ideas or could it be that the speakers I'm using ( 50 watt max) are
too small for this unit and somehow causing it to trip?
Thanks for any ideas
Roy
Roy Adams
Bonded TV Service
5158 W Forest Home Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53219
414-541-9111
www.Bondedtv.com
we have thousands of tubes on the site
Webhosting from only 4.95 a month at Bondedhost.com