[TechAssist] Akai PTV PTH 5498, Need parts help

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 06:43:47 -0500

I need some help on this set.  It came in for convergence problems.
Believe I would have corrected that by the replacement of the
STK392-040's.  Directed my helper to reinstall the board in the TV.  The
idiot (beside me) connected it up wrong and blew up many parts in the
deflection ckt.

Besides a few resistors damaged, I identified four semi's that are
damaged.  I have listed the wholesale price of each from Tritronics:

2SC5446        $35.19
2SC4125        $15.64
IRFS640A        cannot find anywhere
IRF620             $11.38

I need ALL four, regardless of price, but it there a better source for
Akai (made by Samsung) parts?  Customer is getting tired of waiting.

TIA,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway