[TechAssist] Aiwa Stereo

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:27:57 -0700

model CXNA508
I have no Service Manual.
When Powered on,a slight hiss can be heard in the Left Channel.
Then Power will kick off.
I can see the Base Volages on the Left Outputs is wrong.
Left Channel Base Voltages,3-5v
Right Channel Base Voltages, .6v

I've swapped outputs,but problem stayed in Left Channel.
There is a small Transistor(stamped CC 5551) in each channel that
I swapped also,to no avail.
I resoldered PCB.
Neither CD nor Tape are causing the problem,as I have disconnected both.
Found no bad caps,even the SM Transistors in the Output area check OK.
Cleaned Volume Control.

My problem is I can't trace these Base Voltages back.
Any Help out there ???

Peggs
Peggs' Electronics
1519 West 2nd Street