[TechAssist] Re: Airborne Express vs. UPS (And Fed EX!)

  • From: "JMartin.ExcelDistributinginc.com" <jmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:10:08 -0400

Well, quite a subject here.  It becomes a headache on our end sometimes.
Here's what we deal with.

As most of you know we use Airborne, UPS, Fed Ex ground and USPS.  Some
areas get better service with one and some guys prefer one over the other,
we use whichever you wish.

There are a lot more damages with UPS.  As a matter of fact in the last 2
days we got back 6 (yes, six) HA68ADT275 picture tubes that were either
broken or the box became round after shipping and the cust. refused
(rightfully so).  UPS says there is insufficient cushioning when we claim
these and they cannot reimburse us.  Our rep will be in and check them and
hopefully they'll cover the costs but so much time has been wasted already.
We are reshipping 3 of them today with Airborne so we'll see how that goes.

We send our shields and screens with Fed Ex ground and have had pretty good
luck so far but have had a couple damages.  I don't think some drivers and
handlers can read or understand what F R A G I L E means.

I can understand damages every now and then it is too often with UPS.
Airborne has the least claims and Fed Ex takes the oversize stuff cheapest.
It's kind of a gamble no matter who you ship with, make sure you get
insurance :-)

If you prefer a certain carrier, let us know with your next order.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jason Martin
Excel Distributing Inc.
1819 Mentor Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45212

ph-800-733-3329   fax- 800-735-8007
www.ExcelDistributingInc.com
2nd Day Air for just $7 up to 5 lbs. with only a $20 order!
We will meet or beat any advertised price on Thomson RCA parts!!!
- - - A backward poet writes inverse - - -