[TechAssist] Re: Airborne Express vs. UPS (And Fed EX!)

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 08:16:43 -0500

| Are you saying, yea, you got a broken Monitor like I asked for ???? Since
it
| was not working , that gives them the OK to smash it beyond Economical
| Repair...and they are only liable for what the Seller thinks its Worth?

No.....what I'm saying is: You got a parts supply for other monitors Free at
no cost to You...you got the monitor and your $37 back, am I correct about
this?
Or did you keep the monitor and let them keep the $37?

|We are Talking an Extra $35 that they did
| not feel I deserve for my troubles. Is that soooooo Outrageous a demand?

No it's not unless there are thousands of customers doing the same thing
daily, because that adds up to $35,000. Knowing full well that UPS expects
some losses on a daily basis, and that cost is carried over into MY shipping
costs, well then I DO think I want my costs to be reasonable, thus I will
pay you ONLY what YOU PAID and nothing more.....You could have taken out
EXTRA insurance on it to cover damage at what you valued it at......

| Not that think your statement was very well phrased in a professional
| manner, but hopefully I get a more civilized response. By the Way  where
is
| your Signature on your Post?

Well  I'm not fixing a TV here, am I? I'm giving you MY personal opinion,
just like you gave yours....But I want you to know IF YOU LOOK AT YOUR
RESPONSE, you will notice that my "Feelings, nothing more than feelings"
opening just reflects the "action/verb" in the body of your response....I'd
underline the key words if I could.....but I guess I could just copy the
phrases....

......point overall is Shirking Responsibility
.....minimizing how the Customer Feels.....
......take the Time to trust you....

It can hurt things..... no matter How Small and
Insignificant you think they are.

The body of your letter seems to generate an "emotional" response to the
situation, I think that's called a subjective opinion......An objective
opinion if I am correct, relates only to the object and not the feeeelings.
So now you know that emotions don't sway me. They actually leave me
cold....impersonal. I get enough of that stuff from my wife.

 As for unprofessional response, you're right....I usually reserve those for
tech questions and objective opinions. I didn't know you wanted a
professional response such as: "Get a lawyer" or "Change capacitor C1".....I
thought you wanted me to "Emote" and I did.

As for my name, it's always at the bottom, I use my tech info on tech stuff
and my non tech info on non tech stuff, thus.....

Damon Brunger
(the off-the-clock, nonprofessional signature)