[TechAssist] Re: ASTI HV Block

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:44:43 -0400

I feel for Asti! They are a Japanese company that made OEM and replacement
video heads. We worked with them to get head bugs out when they first
started selling in the U.S. and they did us many favors.
Now the head market and price has gone to pot and they have added other
items to justify keeping the sales offices open. They apparently dont make
these items and they are at the mercy of their suppliers as far as quality
goes. Too bad but I guess that its just the way things are going. Sara Lee
has closed all their factories and now just puts their name on stuff that
they buy from the most "cost effective" suppliers. Maytag has closed some
more factories and has made a deal with Daewoo who will supply all the
Maytag top freezer refrigerators. Some of the brands that had moved their
factories to Mexico find it getting too expensive there and are moving to
China.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave