[TechAssist] Re: A question for those who like everything to be original *Update

  • From: Doug Keller <dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:23:53 -0400

After closely scrutinizing the board, I noticed that there are numerous
resistors similar to this burned on. I pulled one of them out of
circuit. The colors of the unburned ones are:
brown, black, black, orange, brown  The orange had charred to a brown.
That explains why it was a little darker of brown than the brown
stripes. It measured 100.4k ohms out of circuit, so I believe this is
the jasper that I'm looking for. I couldn't figure why a 1k would need a
1 % tolerance, but a hundred thousand would make some sense. Thanks for
the input guys.

Doug Keller
Wis-Kel Electronics
101 Freeland Ave.
Terra Alta, WV
USA        26764
dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tech-assist.org
"Learn from the mistakes of others, because you
won't live long enough to make them all yourself"