[TechAssist] A Technical Question. (CTC169 chassis).

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:18:17 -0600

I have a CTC169 chassis that I pulled from a 32" set in the home.
I have rebuilt the Reg. ckt., and replaced all the common failure parts,
including the Chopper, IC, all Reg. e-caps, and CR4118, and C4103.

I think the set is fixed, cause I have it hooked up to a 27" picture
tube/yoke test set in the shop, and it shows a good picture, but only for
about 10-15 seconds, and then it shuts down. If I leave the antenna
disconnected, it will stay running for as long as I leave it on, but, as
soon as I connect the antenna and tune to an active channel, it will shut
down.

I think the reason for this is the fact that I am using a smaller CRT / yoke
for testing.
Maybe it's driving the CRT too hard, with the video coming through.
I just wanted to check with you guys, before I take it back in this
condition, to see if you agree that it might work normal after re-connecting
it to it's proper loads, in the home.
I don't want to be embarrassed if it shuts down in the home. It will make me
look bad. Also it is a 25 mile trip one way.

Thanks for any advice.
I'd like to deliver it back later this P.M.

LLW
LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                             " I forgot,..to remember,..
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           to forget "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx