[TechAssist] Re: '93 SONY 32" (( Volume Increases ))

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 21:23:56 -0700

Bil,

I will echo Gary's thoughts.  I have many sets from hotels I service.  I
call it "Windex Syndrome."  Don't try to clean it, just replace the Vol
Up switch.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32561
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

---------------------

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 20:57:22 -0300 "GJCHAMBERS" <gjchambers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> look for a leaky momentary switch(vol up) before you get too
> involved.
> this happens because of cleaning the front of pix tube and moisture
> runs
> down into the controls.
> i allways ck this first.
> hope it helps,