[TechAssist] Re: 9" Memorex TVM0903 12 VOLT TV. No Start!

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 11:38:23 -0500

Bruce,
One other thing that I did not notice on the first read of your post, was that
the unit was 12 dc only. Make sure that your power supply is capable of
supplying enough current to keep the tv power supply working long enough to
make the start-up transition.
I worked my butt off one time on the same type of start-up problem. Found that
my (old)power supply was dropping voltage at high current draw(bad 20,000uf
filter). I went out and plugged it into my van and it kicked right off. I had
it 'fixed' and didn't know it. I then repaired my power supply. I don't know
why things won't last more than 40 years! Tsk tsk.

Paul W
C&W Electronics
Azle Texas