[TechAssist] 60 Cylce Hum in Video in a new house

  • From: "tvtech" <tvstore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:33:00 -0500

I am working a new house,  which was wired by a surround sound contractor,
the cable comes into the utility room, to a distrubibution amp,  the cable
is then routed to the "AV" closet, to the digital cable box,  with only
video routed across the room to the projection tv.  Somewhere, between the
dist. amp & thc AV closet,  the system is picking  up 60 cycle hum in the
video.  There are only 2 ways to get rid of the hum,  remove the cable
connection @ the AV closet,  the hum is gone completely,  if I reconnect at
the AV closet,  & disconnect the other end @ the distribution amp,  the hum
is minumized, but is still present.    The other method I have found to
remove the hum is to install a sencore PR57 insolation transformer on the tv
ac input.  The other sets in the house are not affected by the hum.   I am
interested in suggestions for some type of  AC insolation device, other than
my PR57.   Thank you   Allen Josephsen   The TV Store     tvstore@xxxxxxxxx