[TA-A] Re: 46W500 Problems

  • From: robert manrique <ustvv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 22:13:14 -0800 (PST)

likely problems  1st if it is a split deflection and hv set then if the
deflection transistor is the one blowing check for poor connection around the
yoke pugs and the crimps  look for intermitent connection spots  ( arcing
carbon)  If no t then determine if the transistor is running hot or fails
catastrofically and suddenly without warning  jt js possible that the drive
circuit is loose or the cap on the voltage dside of the drive transistor is bad
 change it dont measure it. does it arc when it goes out? look for loose pins
or defective crt or poor routing of wires. look for loose crimp connections
around the yoke!  hitachi known problem

  Robert manrique
Mike Schoettinger <kc8lqu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi all,

I am in need of some help. This Hitachi 46W500 is kicking my butt. It keeps
blowing the hv drive transistor. I have replaced all the electrolytics in the
circuit and the flyback and the smps transformer. Does anyone have some
expereince with this issue. Thanks.

Mike
Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate.  Join in.
Remove: Send a blank email to techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with remove as
subject.
Lost Password: http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".