[TechAssist] 35" RCA - CTC169JS6 - help!

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:35:54 -0500

I have a very clean 35" RCA (model: G35830WK) Console Home Theatre Series
CTC169JS6 tv that I've been working on. (tough dog) I want to ask for
suggestions before going with a replacement chassis from PTS. The set will
play, but after 20 mins the set will lose it's horiz. regulation (going to a
scrambled-looking picture)(drawing higher current whenever this happens and
if left on long enough it will finally shut-down) When turned off and cooled
down it will play fine again until it heats up and does the same. (The set
is losing horiz. regulation - like a leaky diode or bad cap)( it will very
slightly begin to horizontally tear and get quickly worse as it plays longer
then will totally lose horiz. regulation and then quit)(there is also a
slightly noticeable horiz. distoration in the picture but only noticeable
when on graphics such as the menu or when watching something like QVC where
you can take note in the picture's linearity. It's not a clean linear
picture as if some component in the HV area is not right. (like a problem
with a cap in the HV area) But I've already replaced ALL the following
components below with no change in the problem so far! HELP - What have I
missed that may be causing the problem? (Or it's off to PTS)

T4401  #200418 Flyback Transformer
Q4302  #200168 Horiz. Drive Transistor
Q4401  #200167 2SD1885 H.O.T.
U4101  #200419 TEA2261 IC
Q4101  #200165 SGSIF461 Transistor
C1402  #146179 470pf @ 250v
C4102  #195691 2.2uf @ 100v
C4104  #214756 15uf @ 63v
C4108  #208002 39uf @ 100v
C4145  #190721 1000uf @ 35v
C4401  #206009 .0162uf @ 1600v
C4402  #200149 .056uf @ 400v
CR4402 #243636 MUR460 Diode
CR4401 #242907 BY228TFK Diode
CR4118 #164590 FR302 Diode
RT4201 #207768 Thermistor
Sams Photofact #4465

Dan Garris
GARRIS TV
3104 Neuse Blvd.
New Bern, NC 28560
Ph: (252) 638-4477
DGarris@xxxxxxxxxxx

Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox.  Get MSN Extra Storage
now!  http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org