[TechAssist] Re: 32" RCA CTC187 - Dead Set?

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:19:57 -0700

What are the voltages on the eeprom?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Garris
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2004 1:31 PM
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] 32" RCA CTC187 - Dead Set?

What:   32" RCA TV
Model:   F32672SB
Chassis:  CTC187CL3
Sams#:  3672

Dead Set, No blown fuse, No Relay CLick, HOT Shorted.

Replaced w/ Original Q4401 BUH517 HOT, Replaced U4101 STK730-150
Regulator
IC, Performed TOB repairs and even changed the 223957 eeprom, (using
original eeprom set still dead) Checked several of the common failure
diodes
ok, Resoldered L14101 coil and horiz. driver transformer. The standby
p/s
voltages are all there and ok (These are test points 1-5 on the Sams). I

supplied +12v to the emitter of Q4852 (12v Reg) to get the set to fire
up
and it did, ...I turned up the screen control on the flyback and I have
blank screen with retrace lines, no picture, no OSD, can't even access
setup
menu. At least I know the FBT & HV circuits are workable! I am getting a

mental block on this one and looking for some help. Do I have a bad
T-Chip
or has anyone seen this description while troubleshooting a CTC187?

Dan Garris
Garris Radio & TV
New Bern, NC
dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx