[TechAssist] Re: 2nd post Memorex 16-529 VCR Load cage timing.

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:37:33 -0500

I never found the P88 alignment manual to be of any value unless someone was
foolish enough to take the bottom of the chassis apart. To just install the
front loading mechanism we put the chassis in the cassette-down condition,
put the front loading mechanism in the down position, extend the
spring-loaded front loading rack about 1 1/2 rack teeth, and engage it to
the drive gear. Then install the loading worm and the plate that holds the
belt before putting the front loading in.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609