[TechAssist] 2nd REQ TA...NAP HD2717C101 27B800, no video..(was vertical prblm)

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:03:30 -0500

Going with a fresh post on this one. I still can't find the problem.
First thing, I found the resistors and diodes for the 13 (-/+) lines bad,
replaced those and shorted
vertical IC.
Then, I had raster that was red with retrace, found the RED video IC bad on CRT
board. Also, R50
open..replaced, then back to no video.
I've tried three more vertical out IC's all OEM and NTE, still no video. With
the NTE in, I get some video
very top of screen about 1/4 inch across.
On IC271, 46/47, voltages were about a volt low and wave forms were low p-p,
replaced IC..no fix.
Wave forms in/out of SAW filter are OK.
On pin 1 over vertical yoke, which comes from pin 5 of vertical wave form shows
about 50 vpp, very high.
Pin 6,7 of vertical show low pp voltage.
I've went over and over my traces solder, replace the resistors and diode with
OEM numbers, went over the
CRT board again.
If I remove the vertical plug, I do get a horizontal line and the power LED
flashes. I checked the yoke
and it is about 1 ohm off from one on another set.
I have the schematic of this section, but am not sure what is causing these
wave forms to vary.
I put in another Philips IC and the wave forms are even farther off.
Any other ideas before I scrap this set...I've done many of these B8 for the
same problem and have never
had this type of trouble,
Thank you.

Jeff Dougherty