[TechAssist] Re: 2SD1885 versus RCA #200167

  • From: <hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 14:53:19 -0300

Harry,You are correct & it's just in the last few years that there prices
have gone up.The problem is that Global is now the parts dist. for many
manf. that you can no longer order parts from unless your an ASC;& even as
an ASC you still have to go thru Global .ie Philips,Daewoo.They had good
prices at one time but since they have cornered some major manf there prices
have gone up.What I normally do is wait for there monthly flyers,with
specials & bulk order at that time.BTY,if you have an account with them
there prices are cheaper than the prices shown in the catalogue or web
site.What I do like about Global is they normally have every item I'm
looking for & I don't have to bounce around to 2 or 3 different parts
suppliers when making up an order.Also I have little or no problem with
there parts.Having said that I will give mainelectronics a shot.Tks for your
reply...regards...
Don of HARTS-TVCR-ASC
9 Robert St,Oromocto,NB,Canada,E2V3N2
Tel-506-357-9785,Fax-506-357-6010