[TechAssist] Re: 220v

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 14:00:44 -0500

Sounds like a case of the tail wagging the dog. The catalogs have
inexpensive 220/110 stepdown isolation transformers in various volt-amp
ratings, complete with power cord and built in receptacles. I use one on the
bench in reverse to power 220 volt things people bring in. The
auto-transformer units are smaller and cheaper yet but it takes a little
knowledge to apply one without hazard.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave