[TechAssist] Re: 1995 RCA TV

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 15:46:18 -0500

Russ,
You need to go over your soldering on the tuner wrap. Check for solder
splashes around the ICs and other smd parts.
DO NOT ALIGN THE TUNER. Call up the service menu and record all of the data
listed there. IF YOU NEED to change the eeprom, this will keep you from
having to do a TUNER ALIGNMENT, which is a long and complicated process,
requiring an alignment Jig.
I think that you will find a defective connection that you have missed, or a
solder splash causing your reception problem.
Paul W
C&W Electronics

From: Russell Hornsby <undertaker48@xxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] 1995 RCA TV
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 00:06:11 -0700

Hi All:
TV TYPE: RCA CONSOLE
MODEL # G25343WK
CHASSIS # CTC 177AM2
I have a RCA 25" console, came in dead, and I got it running with no
problem, I did soldered all connections that I could find and now I have
a problem with the channels.
Channels 1-50 are GOOD, but Channels 51-57 are snowy, Channel 55 acts
like no signal. Has anybody run across this before.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Russ
Hornsby Electronics