[TechAssist] Re: 18 inch LCD computer monitor repairs-price ranges?

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:23:07 -0400

I would just love to get one so I could charge $49.00. No one brings us many
monitors, if they do they are the regular pix tube type with many shields
and screws just to get to see the circuit board. Of course when I am slow
and want a monitor, they don't come. However, when I am busy I get a few,
then I am frustrated by all the shields. It is amazing how many shields and
how they solder the heads of the Philips screws so you can't unscrew them
without melting the solder, then it is hard to fit the screwdriver in the
hot solder before it cools. Also how tight all the wires are, no slack. How
many do you see and how long does it take on that inverter board job. Are
the parts easy to get or do you have to use subs?

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com