[TechAssist] Re: 1 pound roll solder, what's the linear feet?

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:01:35 -0400

Is that correct? 18 Month's for one roll of solder? I never thought about it
and I am not sure how long it takes me to go through a roll. I use off rolls
everywhere, one in my toolbox, one in the truck, and one on each bench. I
know my wife bought about 20 rolls of the stuff sitting up there on the
shelf. I think the parts salesperson talks us into a roll every time we
order parts. That will probably last me 30 years. Hey, I finally was
good-newsed, I won't have to by solder again. I can retire on what I have. I
wish the wick would last that long. I must go through those 50' foot white
round ones in 2 weeks.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"